Job reference: 95465
Closing date: 30/11/2021
Department: Saxophone Teacher
Type of job: Self-employed position
Start Date: As soon as possible
About the role: London Saxophone School is an independent music school that focuses on saxophone tuition only for kids and adults alike. Our school offers a wide range of courses, private lessons and concerts throughout the year.
Our students are kids and adults ranging from complete beginners to advance players.
We are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Saxophone Teacher to join our teaching faculty. This is an ideal role for those who genuinely have a passion for teaching the saxophone.
The role requires the candidate to spend time working in 1:1 and group settings (in-person and online).
The successful candidate will:
- Be aware of and support school policies and procedures.
- Teach individuals or small groups of students in-person or online.
- Assist in the planning, creation and mounting of displays of the children’s work.
- Provide support and assistance for children’s pastoral needs (e.g. promoting self-esteem, and overall well-being of the child
- Have a willingness to provide cover duties for some lessons, when required.
- Be prepared to work across all age ranges from youngsters to 70+.
The successful candidate will have:
- A hard working and flexible attitude.
- A passion for working with people.
- The ability to carry out designated tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to be creative and use initiative to engage children.
- The ability to work under pressure, with enthusiasm, motivation and commitment.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to prioritise, manage time effectively and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong verbal and communication skills appropriate to the need to communicate effectively with a wide range of pupils, colleagues and parents.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, London Saxophone School reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date. Applicants will be notified of this where possible. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.