SALE PRICE EXPIRES APRIL 30, 2019
Requirements: grades 1-5
Duration: 3 days
Time: 10am to 4pm
Concert: last day at 3pm
Venue: Clementi House – Notting Hill
Especially designed for young saxophonists of grades 1 to 5 of age 10+, this course will allow your kid to have a disciplined and intense musical training tackling important aspects of saxophone playing such as technique, sound, ensemble playing and rhythm.
Your kid will have daily saxophone tuition for 3 days Wednesday to Friday in a group environment.
The course consists of technique and rhythm labs, ensemble and small group playing with our expert teachers (all DBS checked).
A concert for family and friends will be held on the last day (Friday at 3pm) where students will perform the ensemble piece prepared throughout the course.
In this 3-day camp we will be working on a Disney Medley to include Bare Necessities, Lion King and more.
- daily professional saxophone tuition and coaching over 3 days
- daily saxophone ensemble
- daily rhythm lab
- Final concert for family and friends
Daily technique lab
- scales & arpeggios
- finger movement
- articulations (staccato and slurring)
- how to practice efficiently
- using the metronome
Daily rhythm lab
- play in tempo
- feel beat internally
- hold part in a group
Guest teacher: drummer and percussionist James Taylor
Daily sound lab
- embouchure – common issues and mistakes
- experimenting with sound
- breathing and anatomy of respiratory system
Daily saxophone ensemble
- rehearsal of an ensemble piece (parts will be sent prior to the start of the course)
Final concert for family and friends
What to bring
- A mind ready to learn and improve saxophone skills with proven teaching methods and to have fun!
- Saxophone and reeds
- Manuscript paper
- Music stand
- Recording device (optional)