Requirements: Grade 2
Ages: no age restriction
Level: intermediate / beginners
Duration: half day
Time: 1pm – 4pm
Venue: Clementi House – Notting Hill
Sight reading is a very important aspect of playing music and a skill that can be developed and improved at any level.
This short workshop will teach you the techniques and tricks to sight reading a piece of music correctly and without losing time.
What will I learn on the Sight Reading Workshop?
Over this half day workshop we’ll cover the following topics:
- Sight reading techniques & tricks
- Rhythm exercises
- Key signature & scale drills
- The “see you at the end” vision
- Pre-hearing the piece
- Reading patterns vs reading notes
- How to have a general overview of the piece
- Practice with others